Rice University logo
 
Top blue bar image
Honor Code
 

Consensus Penalty Structure

Honor Council Penalty Structure for 2015-2016*

The Consensus Penalty Structure the Council will use for cases received after October 22, 2016 can be viewed here. This CPS establishes starting point penalties based on the weight of the assignment at issue. When considering the percentage value of the weight of the assignment, please note each penalty range extends to just below the upper value of the weight percentages. For example, a 1 letter grade reduction applies to assignments worth under 6% of the total course grade, a 2 letter grade reduction applies to assignments worth 6% to under 12% of the total course grade, a 3 letter grade reduction applies to assignments worth 12% to under 20% of the total course grade, and so on.